Image Map
Image Map

Monday, March 21, 2011

Konad/Scotch Tape Mani

I'm so pumped to share this amazing tutorial with all of you from the uber talented Katie from Poised And Polished. Katie is a nail design super star and I am constantly in awe of the amazing designs she creates. I'm especially eager to try out this one and this one. Thanks Katie for taking the time to put this together for us!!

Konad/Scotch Tape Mani


Once I saw Chloe's post here HERE I knew I had to have these nails, I instantly fell in love with them!


So I got all my supplies together, buffling block, file, China Glaze - Strong Adhesion Basecoat, Konad black stamping polish, China Glaze - Liquid Leather, Konad clear coat, Seche Vite top coat, Stamper, Scraper and image plate. I started by removing all of the old polish, buffing, filing and shaping my nails. I find that my polish "sticks" to my nails better when it has a rough surface to attach to, Then I used a coat of China Glaze - Strong Adhesion Basecoat. Once that had dried it was time to apply the konad!


Cover the design of choice with polish (I used Konad - Black Stamping Polish) Scrape.


Quickly pick up with stamper. If you wait too long the polish will dry in the design and you'll have to start over again.


Once you have your entire hand stamped, let it dry for about 2 minutes then use the Konad - Clear Polish, When applying clear polish directly to the design ALWAYS use the Konad - Clear Polish to prevent streaking. Once the Konad - Clear Polish had fully dried, I got out my scotch tape and taped off my nail "tips" and applied 2 coats of China Glaze - Liquid Leather.


Remove the tape as soon as you are done painting, if you try to remove the tape when the polish is dry you will also remove the polish. When the tips dried I added one coat of Seche Vite - Fast Drying Top Coat, and voila, done!

Tutorial by Katie, Poised And Polished.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I love the way u have done ur nails it looks great....