These shiny baubles are a top seller for my new accessories line Shine! Couture. Little girls deserve a little shine of their own and why not show it off by creating your very own stretchy beaded ribbon bracelet??
What You'll Need
- Metallic jewelry elastic (can be found at any craft store, walmart or even dollerama)
- 7 Large 20mm sized beads, we go wild for bright colors and multi-faceted styles
- Satin Ribbon
- Lighter (I like using a bbq lighter to keep the flames away from my delicate fingertips!!)
1. Cut a 12 inch length of elastic and fold over to create one double 6 inch piece. This will make the bracelet stronger.
2. Thread beads onto the elastic one by one. Take 2 ends and tie together fairly tightly into a wreath knot. Triple knot for added durability. A wreath knot is also known as a reef knot or a square knot. A great step-by-step how-to on creating this style of knot can be found on Howcast.
3. Tie a bow over the elastic knot with the satin ribbon. Heat seal the ends of the bow with a lighter to create a fray-proof edge. *Tip - Don't hold the lighter TOO close...test this technique out on a piece of scrap ribbon first to get the hang of it. It's much easier than it may sound!!
There you have it!! A beautiful bracelet fit for your favorite mini fashionista.