Image Map
Image Map

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

5 Minute Chocolate Cake, Revisited

It was almost a year ago when I first discovered this amazing 5 minute microwavable chocolate cake and my love for it has not waned...not one little bit. I am known for having a pretty fierce sweet tooth which is why I deliberately avoid buying any processed junk food when I do the weekly grocery shopping. My thinking is..if I want it bad enough I have to get off my behind and busy in the kitchen. This cake is bending that rule..but just a little. In 5 minutes from prep to finish a craving is transformed into sinful reality. And thank goodness. I do hate being kept waiting.

Chocolate Cake in 5 Minutes, via Dizzy Dee

Ingredients -
4 tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. oil

Directions-
1. In a medium sized mug combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Add in the egg, milk and oil. Mix well.

2. Microwave on high power for 3 minutes. Leave the mug inside the microwave until the cake stops rising (1-2 minutes).

3. Tip contents out of the mug and enjoy!!

I also like to whip up a little gooey frosting while the cake is doing it's thing in the microwave. I usually free-style it...throw some icing sugar in a bowl with some cocoa, milk and some melted butter. There are lots of mediocre things in life after all..but cake shouldn't be one of them. :)

1 comment:

Eliana said...

This cake looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing.