Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School Lunches with Style

In honor of the back to school season, especially with my oldest inching closer to his very first day of junior kindergarten , I am pleased to share some of my favorite resources for school lunches that stand out from the crowd.

Lunch Nugget has some awesome ideas for bento lunches that your kids are sure to love. One of my favorite places to find inspiration for those boxed lunches I'm soon to packing.Kooky Culinary has an amazing assortment of bento lunch ideas as well including the use of many fun and whimsical bento accessories that are now at the top of my must-have list.
Canadian Family has an awesome slide show featuring 13 different boxed lunch ideas like these mini meatball hamburgers and sausage, hotdog and crab octipi.Flickr hosts some truly incredible groups that will keep you inspired for many school years to come. I found this adorable Winnie-The-Pooh bento in the Flickr group Kid Eats. There are literally thousands of different photos to browse through. Bento Boxes on Flickr is an even bigger group, boasting a collection of over 24,000 photos.

If you have photos to show off of your own personal lunch box creations please drop me an email at glamourmomsxo@gmail.com. I would LOVE to check out your masterpieces and possibly feature your work in an upcoming post.

Our official first day of school will be Monday, September 14. Each school day I will share what we packed for the days lunch along with recipes and photos..and of course the verdict from the picky eater that will hopefully consume said lunch. Wish us luck!!!

Here's wishing you all a wonderful new school year!!

No comments: