Winter Sun Catcher
What You'll Need
- A cake pan (circle or rectangular are best)
- A small plastic cup
- Decorations of choice (food coloring, orange or lemon slices, glitter, feathers, cranberries or blueberries, branches or colored ice cubes, etc.)
1. Place the small plastic cup filled with water near the top of cake pan. This will become the hole in the ice to lace your ribbon through later.
2. Partially fill pan with water. Add whichever decorations you desire. We used blue food coloring, lemon slices and cranberries.
3. Place pan in freezer and freeze several hours or until water has frozen thoroughly.
4. Gently remove cup from the ice. Carefully remove your creation from the cake pan and tie a piece of decorative ribbon through the hole for hanging. Hang in a favorite place outside where you children can view easily.