These homemade gel air fresheners would make a great gift and are a fabulous way to create custom, fresh scents for around your home. Try experimenting with different essential oils to create the ambiance you are looking for in every room of your house.
What You'll Need
- A clean empty jar, we used a regular sized baby food jar. This recipe is JUST the right amount to fill a jar of this size.
- 1 tsp. of essential oil in scent of your choice (our fave place to shop for essential oils is Canwax.
- Food coloring, in color of choice
- 2 pouches of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup very cold water
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl add the boiling water to the gelatin powder and whisk until dissolved.
2. Whisk in essential oil and a few drops of your desired shade of food coloring. Mix in the cold water.
3. Funnel liquid into the jar and leave out at room temperature until thickened. Do NOT place the jar in the fridge.
Tadda!! Custom home fragrance created in minutes!!
*Updated Tip - I found while this air freshener smelled delightful it only has a shelf life of 1-2 weeks depending on the humidity of the room you place it in.