Image Map
Image Map

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Going Green with Seventh Generation

Keeping my home eco-friendly has always been something that is important to me - especially since starting my own family. When I think about the kind of future I want for my children, the kind of place I want them to grow and thrive in and one day start families of their own...the reasons why couldn't be any more obvious. I am truly a believer that good habits start at home. We have taught our children from a very young age the important of taking care of our planet as much as we take care of our bodies. After all...we only have one of each of those things and when the environment we spend our time in is healthy and flourishing our bodies reflect that goodness. Take the air quality in our homes for example. Have you ever thought about how many different chemicals you release into the air day to day with common every day cleaning products?? Studies have proven that the average person is exposed to 100 different chemicals per day - and that's just in personal care products. Changing the way you clean can make a tremendous difference in eliminating some of the toxins that you and your family are breathing in on a day to day basis. This is where Seventh Generation products come into play. I recently had the opportunity to try out the range of products that Seventh Generation has to offer and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. Here are a few of my favorites and why I love them...and why I know you will too.

Seventh Generation Natural 2X Concentrated Laundry Liquid. I ADORE the eucalyptus and lavender scented detergent. Besides the fact that it gets the job done and smells glorious it is made with plant-derived cleaning agents, is hypoallergenic and contains no tallow or animal based ingredients. Clean and green laundry ahoy!!



Seventh Generation's line of dishwashing products are another one of my favorites. The lavender floral and mint option is delightful and gains it's tantalizing scent from whole essential oils. It's non-toxic, free of dyes and synthetic fragrances, biodegradable and made from plant derived cleaners.


Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner lets your family breathe easy by providing a deep clean without the use of VOC's and harsh fumes. It works on many surfaces including marble, stainless steel and granite. Like other Seventh Generation products it's biodegradable, made with plant derived cleaning agents, is hypoallergenic and non-toxic. A clean home and a green home just became possible.

Besides offering a wide range of cleaning products Seventh Generation has also recently re-launched their collection of Free & Clear Diapers and Baby Wipes. Free & Clear Diapers are free of chlorine processing, free of fragrances and latex and are hypoallergenic. The Free & Clear Diaper Wipes (which are a new staple in my home) are alcohol free, hypoallergenic and also free of chlorine processing, fragrance and dyes.

To get more information on Seventh Generation products and to score some money savings coupons visit the Seventh Generation Community.


Disclosure – I am participating in the Seventh Generation program by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.






No comments: