Image Map
Image Map

Friday, January 23, 2009

Inspired By Pajamas

These adorable cupcake jammies are one of the items I received from my recent order of the big Gymboree sale. I think Arianna looks absolutely precious in them. They seem to have an affect though of making one hungry after looking at them for a few hours and of course the craving both me and Aiden ended up having was for cupcakes. For an afternoon treat we whipped up a batch of vanilla cupcakes that to be honest I didn't particularly enjoy so we coated them with my favorite chocolate buttercream frosting and some sprinkles. From now on I will stick to my favorite staple recipe for one bowl chocolate cupcakes when I feel an urge for something sweet. So inspired by Arianna's pajamas here is my most favorite cupcake recipe for your enjoyment (but please give Martha Stewart the credit here as it's her recipe..not mine).


One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups warm water

Preheat oven to 350 and line muffins pans with paper liners. Sift together and combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, the yolk, milk, oil, vanilla and warm water. Mix until smooth and combined (you can use an electric mixer on low speed if you like), scraping down edges of bowl as needed.

Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through baking time, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool slightly before removing from pan. Allow to cool completely before applying icing (or else it will melt off).

No comments: