Image Map
Image Map

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stuff We Love - Get A Grip

Ever struggled with trying to help your child learn to hold a pencil or crayon the "proper" way?? Back when I first started school my teacher sentenced me to the use of a very firm and rigid corrective triangle hold that had to be attached to my writing instrument of choice at all times. Embarrassing..AND uncomfortable. Lucky for our kiddos there are many fun and creative products out there today to help correct that classic pre-schooler fisted grip.
In my travels today I came across these truly awesome Melissa and Doug (my FAVE toy company) jumbo triangular crayons. You can buy the set of 10 HERE for $6.88. A jumbo triangular chalk set is also available for $4.46 HERE.We also came home with one of these The Pencil Grip Crossover Grips which are soft, comfortable and colorful - a far cry from the rigid contraptions from my school days. You can buy a set of 4 from amazon.com for $7.50.

No comments: