With Halloween approaching it was a must to make a holiday themed instrument of some kind. And the Jack-O-Lantern Tambourine was born!! Try making up a few of your own at home, dressing up in your favorite costumes and having a musical Halloween parade.
Pumpkin (Jack-0-Lantern) Tambourine
What You'll Need
- 2 paper plates
- Dry macaroni noodles (or dried beans)
- Orange paint and paintbrush
- Black construction paper OR jack-o-lantern template pieces printed onto sticker paper
- Green Craft Foam
- White Glue
1. Fill one of the paper plates with a handful of macaroni or dried beans. Staple the two paper plates together sealing the musical goodness inside.2. Paint each side of the paper plate bright orange and allow ample drying time for each side.
4. Cut out the jack-o-lantern pieces from the construction paper or sticker paper and glue or stick onto your orange plate.
5. Cut out a rectangular shape from the green craft foam. Glue to the top of your pupkin to form the stem.
Happy Music Making!!