What You'll Need
- A large frame with glass removed
- About a 1/2 yard to a yard of fabric (depending on the size of your frame)
- Glue gun
1. Remove the backing from the frame. Remove the matt and lay down on a flat surface after putting the frame and backing aside. Measure the matt and cut enough fabric to cover it entirely with about an inch and half extra to wrap around all sides.
2. Carefully align your fabric with the frame matting. Hot glue the extra edges around the sides of the matt while holding firmly and securely. Continue this process on all 4 sides until your matt is completely covered.
3. Flip the covered matt over and decide where you would like your ribbon to be placed. You can use fabric chalk to make a small marking or simply eyeball it like we did. Be sure to cut enough ribbon to wrap around and adhere to the other side of the matt. Using the glue gun adhere ribbon to the wrong side off the matt, one piece at a time.
4. Pop the completed matt back into the frame and then secure the backing into place.
SO PRETTY!!! (and functional!!)
We used: 1 frame with broken glass we had sitting in our basement - FREE. 1 yard of fabric purchased on Etsy for $9.80. 2 spools ribbon purchased at walmart for $1.97 each. TOTAL COST - $13.74!!