What You'll Need
- Newpaper torn into small pieces, just bigger than your nail base
- A small bowl of rubbing alcohol
- Light colored Polish (any light shade will do)
- Top Coat
- Nail Polish Remover
1. Clean and prep your nails. Remove any old nail polish, smooth and push back your cuticles and if you are not wearing any polish give your nails a quick wipe down with some nail polish remover anyhow to squeak them clean.
2. Apply a coat of light colored nail polish to all nails. We used OPI Mod About You. Allow to dry.
3. Dip a piece of torn newspaper into the bowl of rubbing alcohol and then apply print down to the nail. Press and hold firmly for at least 30 seconds. Like magic the newsprint will adhere to the nail polish. Repeat this process on each nail.
4. Give each nail a coat of top coat to secure in the newsprint finish.
5. Using a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover gently remove any excess newsprint left around the nails or on fingers.