Our family was lucky enough to have the opportunity to try out the new gluten free cereals for ourselves. The cereal is available in two delicious flavors, Rice and Honey Nut. The Honey Nut cereal was so well loved by my snack loving kiddos that we went through an entire box in 2 days!! I have to say I can't blame them..it's now one of my very favorite cereals and from now on I am hiding that box on a very high shelf!! Chex Gluten Free is not only a fabulous choice for breakfast or a midday snack it can also be used in a variety of unique recipes that your whole family is sure to love. Check out Life Made Delicious for the top 10 list of gluten-free recipes using Chex Gluten Free.
We recently made up a batch of Chex Brittle which was of course gluten free and a crowd pleaser.
Source: Adapted from the original recipe on Life Made Delicious
- 4 cups Chex Gluten Free Rice Cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Heat oven to 325. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients until evenly coated. Spread on cookie sheet in single layer.
3. Bake 12 minutes. Spread on wax paper until completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
*If you find your brittle is a little too sticky for your taste just leave out for a little longer..it will turn out nice and crunchy!!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chex Gluten Free program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of General Mills. I received a Chex gift pack and a gift card as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.