Our daughter has quite the fascination with all things fairy-like lately. We love to see her smile so we have been working hard at transforming her bedroom into a space a garden fairy would be proud to call home. An empty corner in our little gals bedroom was practically begging for a little something special so we created this fairy net hideaway from some bits and pieces we had around the house along with some faux fleurs for under $10. It's the perfect place to curl up with a book, have a giggle and dream big dreams.
Here's How We Did It (no sewing required!!) -
What You'll Need
- A Hula Hoop
- 1-2 yards of tulle (depending on how the desired length)
- Hot glue gun
- Faux Flowers (we found the best deal at our local dollar store)
1. Fold the end of the tulle over the hula hoop from the outside to the inside and using the hot glue adhere to the inside of the hula hoop. Go all the way around until the width of tulle is fully adhered to the inside of the hula hoop creating a tent. You can leave an opening at the front of the tent or adhere the tulle all the way around...it's up to you.
2. Cut small slits in the exterior of the tent every quarter of the diameter. Tie lengths of ribbon through each of the holes and around the hoop. Double knot. Bring all 4 pieces of ribbon together to form the hanging system for the tent - as seen in top photo.
3. Glue fabric flowers around the exterior edges of the hula hoop for decorative flourish.
4. Hang the fairy net from a sturdy, anchored hook. Trim any excess tulle or ribbon.