Image Map
Image Map

Friday, October 21, 2011

Giving Back with Seventh Generation

One of our favorite brands, Seventh Generation, is doing something remarkable this month and thanks to their generosity we had the opportunity to take part in their cross-Canada diaper donation program. All of this month whenever a package of Seventh Generation diapers is purchased across our country one package will be donated to a women's shelter in need. Up to 240,000 packages of diapers will be donated across Canada this month. That's a whole lot of diapers for mothers in need. To read more about the program click HERE.

I was thrilled to be asked to take part in the program and donate a box containing 4 bags of Seventh Generation Diapers to a women's shelter in my own community. It was obvious to me right away which deserving organization I would forward this generous gift to. Northumberland Services for Women located in my small town of Cobourg, Ontario helps hundreds of women and families every year escape domestic violence and find a fresh start. Their services include a women's and children's shelter program, free counseling services, access to a resource center and a housing assistance program. This wonderful organization has helped change the lives of countless families in my community - including my own. I am proud to say that seven years ago with the guidance and support of members of NSFW, I, along with my then infant son, escaped domestic violence and were able to find our very own fresh start. Life has changed a GREAT deal for us since then but I never forgot the difference that support made in our lives when we were in a time of need. Giving back, even that one box filled with diapers, felt long overdue.

The program continues for the rest of this month. Encourage your friends and family members with little ones still in diapers to give the Seventh Generation brand a whirl. All of the diapers in the free and clear line contain no chlorine, fragrances, latex or petroleum based lotions....and they're hypoallergenic. Buy one...you give one to a shelter in need.

Check out the benefits of being a member of the 7th Gen Nation today. It's free to join and members have access to coupons, special offers and tips for green and healthy living.

Disclosure – I am participating in the Seventh Generation program by Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments: