Image Map
Image Map

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Adding Flair to a Budget Ensemble (My Daughters Closet)

For a Sunday brunch out at our favorite bake shop, Queenies in Port Hope, we decided to mix up some affordable basics with some quick handmade boho pieces...and our little ones favorite pair of sparkly shoes. The sweet little faux fur, cable-knit hoodie came from Walmart and we rolled up the sleeves to show off the fun print of the dress by Carters underneath. I threw together a braided headband by trimming down an old rope belt I had tucked away in the back of my closet and hot glued on some white saddle feathers to draw away from where I knotted it at the back. The necklace was literally a last minute inspiration and I put it together with some found objects from the yard and my craft cupboard. Surprisingly everywhere we went that day we had people asking where we scored her sweet and simple necklace. Lucky for you...we whipped up a photo tutorial (to follow). All of that hard work posing definitely earned a creamy confection. Queenies does make THE best cupcakes.


No comments: