Image Map
Image Map

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Autumn Leaves and Riding Boots



It's not exactly a huge secret that I love fashion so it should come as no surprise that I have wanted to start sharing more personal posts for some time now. The reason I haven't before is, well...it's personal. I may not knock it out of the park every time but I love getting dressed every day, I have a great deal of fun with it and the thought of putting it out there and receiving negative feedback intimidated me for quite some time. As of late I have decided I no longer want to let that insecure side, that we all have, call the shots anymore. Life is too short not to enjoy it to the absolute fullest, and for me that means putting myself and what I am passionate about out there in the world. Now as much as I adore high end couture, I am a self admitted balla on a budget. Living in a small town with 3 young children doesn't always give me the funds or the options to have the outrageous wardrobe of my dreams, but I make do. Lots of thrift shop finds, bargains at our local shopping centres, ebay, diys and even pieces I've traded for handmade jewelry make up the contents of my closet. From a young age I have always loved experimenting with fashion, often being teased throughout school for some of my more flamboyant choices. I have particularly fond memories of a get-up in 8th grade consisting of a fire engine red vinyl vest that brought on an onslaught of heckling. But that's what it's all about isn't it?? Wearing what you LOVE and not giving a damn. I have never been, and will never be, the type to simply "throw something on". For to me the clothing I wear is an expression of the person within. And this girl just wants to have fun.

After taking these photos I sadly realized we left out closeups of the fab accessories, mind you I am a little biased because I personally created the nude feather earrings and hourglass pendant I am wearing. Today's pics were taken on sideroads in Cobourg, Ontario. And yes, I was FREEZING.

Dress from American Eagle Outfitters (hubby kindly shared a birthday gift card). Tights, Riding Boots and Bracelets from Suzy Shier.


And the sun began to set in the corn fields...







2 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

You rock it...always. I love that about you and your blog. I share the same philosophy. I get dressed purposely every day. I like to look nice. I may be a stay at home mom BUT I am going to wear something, every day, that makes me feel special, great, even beautiful. I am glad to see that I am not alone. Unfortunately, I think sometimes, it's what stands in my way of meeting more moms, I think some people will assume you are unapproachable because of the care you put into looking good.

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

I just had an experience with a mean mom. I thought you could sympathize. I am sure she has made superficial judgement about, I am sure, and though I held the door open for her and her daughter, she couldn't even bring herself to say thank you let alone look in my direction.