Image Map
Image Map

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Best Beauty Bang for your Buck

My favorite beauty picks this season are all about quality and affordability. Yes..you can have BOTH. Who says you can't have it all??



1. Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. This air-whipped liquid makeup creates the appearance of an airbrushed finish for a flawless complexion. I traded up my high-end brand for this and have never been happier. I have been asked several times since by complete strangers how I manage to have such smooth, perfect looking skin. Maybe she's born with it???

2. Revlon Age Defying Translucent Finishing Powder. This weightless powder contains botafirm which helps minimize the appearance of fine lines while protecting against moisture loss. The translucent powder finishes beautifully. No caked up mess here. This compact comes with me wherever I go. Loves it.

3. Mark Juice Gems. I admit it - I'm a lip gloss addict. If there was a 3 step program I would be seated in the front row every week. I love juice gems because not only are they a fantastic bargain but they also come in about a million fun shades (ok well not really..but close) and each tube contains real fruit extract giving each shade it's own unique flavor. The gloss lasts a really long time, contains the perfect amount of shimmer and moisturizes like no other gloss I've tried. Buy some. Now.

4. Revlon Beyond Natural Blush & Bronzer. The perfect combo of sheer blush and bronzer to give you the natural look of a sunkissed glow. Blend the blush and bronzer together with a big brush and lightly dust your cheekbones, temples, the tip of your nose and tops of your forehead. Think wherever the sun would hit your face...that is where you want to apply this. The perfect finish for a flawless face. Pale is not cute..you need this.

5. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black. Or as I like to call it - THE BEST MASCARA EVER. I have tried many, many different brands of mascara at all different price points and I keep coming back to this one. Why? Because it's fantastic. The brush glides on smooth every time with no clumps, lasts for hours (or days if you tend to fall into bed without removing your eye makeup as I have admittedly done some days) and is priced to please. Don't waste your money thinking you will find something better..it's not out there.

6. Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow. If you want an expert look every time this is the shadow for you. Expertwear is like paint by numbers for your eyes. You can not mess this up. Besides sporting 48 beautiful colors to choose from each palette comes labeled with where it is to be properly applied to your lids and detailed how-to instructions on the back of each case. Perfectly coordinated results every time. If you're like me you will rush out and buy several, with matching liners to coordinate with your spring/summer wardrobe. And you know what..you wouldn't regret it.


No comments: